Saturday, November 8, 2014

I love enjoying the city on my free time. Most of the time adventuring downtown solo. I feel more independent and free. I ask more people for directions and get into conversations with strangers more. Mostly fun, sometimes strange. Just take the bus, and get off and see what you find. Two weeks ago I found the art museum I had been hoping to find, turns out I found it on the free entrance day of the week. This past week I took my book to the park to read and watched as people moved about their day. I have never been to New York City but the park reminded me of Central Park must look like. Lush green gardens, with fountains and statues in the heart of a bustling, commercial city. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the garden.

Some friends and I took the bus to a pyramid outside of town. That is a church built on top of an indigenous pyramid during the colonial period. 

We also caught a soccer game on a Friday night. 


This is the view from the private school I teach at. It is located at the top of hill, once you pass through a very poor neighborhood and a public school. The difference between the two schools is astonishing (the private school not pictured).